• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hangover "cures?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocamatic

Bluelighter
So I know it's not "healthy" to drink heavily and get shitfaced but that's what happened to me last night. Two train rides and a ticket later I got home this morning with all the classic symptoms. One thing I didn't assume would help is a tea that I regularly drink called daily detox from Traditional Medicinals. Holy fuck! I seriously very close to being as good as new. After all those shots, beers, and 3 hours of sleep. Good stuff!

Does anyone else have any hangover helpers they're willing to share? Some people say 'oh have a cold beer' but that never worked for me really.

The only hangover cure is the one that works, and thats drinking water after the heavy drinking.

drink some water, smoke dank buds, eat some bananas (pretty sure i read potassium helps hangovers), GO FOR A BIKE RIDE..it will suck at first, but it helps a whole let. Take 2 packs of emer-gen-C. Coffee, and get hella hydrated! thats what i do, but sometimes it seems NOTHING will help at all, like when water and food only make u puke, and getting up and doing anything other than not move is impossible, and smoking still gives you the spins.

Last edited:
I take some water and excedrine migraine BEFORE I go to bed. That usually works. If I forget, then I wake up with a pounding headache and need caffeine and an excedrine migraine to get rid of it.

I take some water and excedrine migraine BEFORE I go to bed. That usually works. If I forget, then I wake up with a pounding headache and need caffeine and an excedrine migraine to get rid of it.

Yeah, caffeine seemed to helped. After making the OP I had espresso and felt a bit better.

stay hydrated, an extra b complex vitamin, and get enough sleep.

Cafiene usually does help with headaches, migraines not so much though. I like to smoke weed, have a cup of coffee, and LOTS of water. Maybe some motrin, that usually helps a lot for me.

The only way to cure a hangover is to dring 10 glasses of water before you retire for the evening. Hangovers are caused by dehydration.

ooh, it depends on how severe. i am the hangover queen. i was gettign them when i was 17. my body is very sensitive to the after effects of etoh.

when it's still SUPER bad in the morning?! i make myself sick. i actually will do this at night if i know i'm already fucked before bed.

then, start chugging the gatorade! if you were drinking beer (which is already a natural diuretic) then you peed a LOT the night before. you hafta rehydrate and replace some electrolytes.

if i'm not too queasy, i head to a greasy spoon to snag some breakfast. if i'm still super queasy, dry toast.

caffeine helps to act as a vasoconstrictor. get some in there...i choose soda.

i've never tried the hangover prevention stuff- can't remember the name, or vitamins. might hafta try that.

truly TRULY the best cure- fucking sleep! sleep as long as you can!

caffeine also will dehydrate the shit out of you, which is about the last thing you want.

drink A LOT of water before you go to bed. When you wake up in the night to piss, drink a few more cups.

In the morning eat some fresh fruit and drink oj and coffee. Take a few large bong hits and maybe a xanax if you don't care about being functional that day.

About the only time my girlfriend will smoke ganja is when she wakes up with a hangover =D

Marijuana come on who doesn't smoke when they have a hangover. It's the only thing that gets rid of both the nausea and headache.

Oxygen makes hangovers die fast. Get yourself an oxygen machine;)

I bet weed would help, never tried it. I drank propel water usually. But throw that up later with nothing else. Sucks.

Marijuana come on who doesn't smoke when they have a hangover. It's the only thing that gets rid of both the nausea and headache.

It's not for everybody. Marijuana would make me feel worse because I just dont like it.
Aside from tons of water, try to drink some fresh juice as well, not those juices with lots of refined sugar. Carrot, orange and ginger is wonderful.

I forgot to mention rubbing and stretching one's neck. Mine is always very stiff when hung over.

Status
Not open for further replies.